Bostik - Boscocem Slurry - Two Component Cementitious Waterproofing
Boscocem Slurry is a cement-based two-component alkali reactive polymer modified waterproofed coating.
- Designed for external and internal waterproofing protection to:
- Water Tanks
- Bathrooms, Balconies, Terraces
- Swimming pools, Pool decks.
- Water Features
- Planter Boxes, Canopies
- External Walls
- As waterproofed underlayment to prevent seepage:
- Before laying marbles
- Under timber floors
- Underlayment for vinyl and carpets.
- Boscocem Slurry is highly effective for positive side waterproofing against hydrostatic pressure.
- Boscocem Slurry is also as effective for waterproofing application on the negative side of structure as it is integrally bonded.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Can be tiled over successfully
- Protect concrete against carbonation and attack from pollutants.
- Ability to withstand heavy topping without fracture.
- Bonds well to damp surfaces.
- Compatible with most materials like bitumen and polyurethane products.
- Can be painted over eg. Parapet walls.
- Hard and abrasion resistant.
Bonds well to:
- Cement sand backings
- PVC pipes
All substrates shall be sound and free from dust, excess mortar, oil or other loose particles. Cracks or honeycombs shall be repaired using suitable non-shrink filler.
CREATION OF SURFACE CONDITION
Over excessively dry substrate, keep the substrate continuously moist for at least 1 to 2 hours before work begins. Remove all excess water or standing water, allowing the surface to become almost dry to provide an SSD (saturated surface dry) condition before installing the waterproofing system.
For over excessively dry and porous substrate, prime the entire surface with Bostik Multiprime prior application of the waterproofing system with the rate of 5m2 per liter depending of the substrate condition.
Boscocem Slurry is packed ready to use in 2 components. Always put the Liquid component in a clean mixing container, and slowly add the Powder component whilst string. Mix on site using a slow speed mechanical mixer. Minimal amount of water may be added to ease application. Small amounts may be hand-mixed separately.
The mixed Boscocem Slurry can be applied onto the prepared substrate using a cement brush or broom.
The application shall be done in a minimum of two coats, the 1st coat in one direction. The 2nd coat in a direction perpendicular to the 1st coat.
Leave the 1st coat to set between 1 to 2 hours before applying the 2nd coat.
If the 1st coat is left overnight, the surface shall be dampened before subsequent applications.
The finished Boscocem Slurry must be protected from rapid drying. Curing shall be at least 24 hours before trafficking, to yield optimum strength.
All tools and equipments can be cleaned with clean water before the product sets.
Boscocem Slurry - Liquid 5 kg & Powder 20 kg
- Grey Powder White Milky Liquid
- Selected fine silica
- Acrylic polymer
- Tensile Strength
- > 1 N/mm2
- Adhesion to concrete
- >0.5 N/mm2
- Passed (Non Toxic)
- Pot Life
- 30 mins to 1 hours
- Set to Touch 20°C
- Within 2 hours
- Final Set 20°C
- 24 hours
1. Ground moisture 2 - 2.5 kg/m2
2. Hydrostatic pressure 2 - 3.5 kg/m2
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
- Boscocem Slurry has a shelf life of at least 12 months.
- Store all materials in a cool dry place, in an elevated condition.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Boscocem Slurry powder contains cement which may cause skin dermatitis. For personal precautions, protective gloves and goggles are recommended to be worn during handling of this product.