Greenseal - Acrylic Polymer Waterproofing Membrane - Polydek
Polydek is a single component, polymer and water based liquid applied waterproofing membrane. It can be easily applied by roller, brush or spray. Polydek is a high performance, liquid-applied waterproofing membrane. It is consisting of a very elastic polymer with The inherent flexibility allows the membrane to accommodate movements in the substrate. Polydek is specially formulated to seal, decorate and simultaneously waterproof exterior surfaces in a two coats application. It may be applied by brush, roller or airless spray. Polydek is supplied in 20 litre pails.
- Ease of application - Easily applied by brush, roller or airless spray. Surfaces can be damp or moist when applying Polydek.
- Solvent free - Polydek poses no problems to workers during application in enclosed areas because Polydek does not emit solvent fumes.
- Ease of maintenance - When maintenance is required after 5-10 years, the membrane surface can simply be cleaned and re-coated with a refresher or second top coat.
- Hairline cracks - Polydek bridges and seals non-moving hairline cracks.
- Vapor permeable - Coatings of Polydek allow two-way vapour transmission to release moisture and reduce efflorescence due to rising damp.
- Weather Resistant - Polydek has good weatherability and excellent resistance to ultraviolet degradation.
- Trafficability - Polydek can withstand regular foot traffic.
- Advantages over Sheet Membrane Systems - Polydek can be brush-applied to angle fillet and skirtings as well as to contours and irregularly angled surfaces. This circumvents the problem of measuring and cutting the sheet membrane to be torched onto the said areas. Polydek does not require honeycombs or hairline cracks in the concrete to be hacked, patched or grouted; unlike when using a sheet membrane system.
- Advantages over Solvent-Based Systems - Problems of bubbling or pinholes are greatly reduced when using the water-based Polydek system because the moisture present in the membrane allows bubbles to escape.
- Concrete slab roof
- Roof terraces
- Asbestos roofs
- Asbestos roofs
- Planter boxes
- Fibre cement board
No Content for now.