Sika - MonoTop R - Polymer Modified Cementitious Hand Placed / Wet Spray Repair Mortar
Sika MonoTop® R is a one part, thixotropic, polymer modified, cementitious mortar containing silica fume. Sika MonoTop® R cures to produce a high strength mortar with enhanced polymeric properties. Sika MonoTop® R exhibits high bond strength, greatly reduced water and carbon dioxide permeability and improved resistance to oils and chemicals.
- Fast repairs to horizontal or vertical concrete or mortar surfaces above and below ground level
- Filling/repair mortar for voids, honeycombed areas, etc.
- Repair of spalled concrete caused by reinforcement corrosion
- Spray applied repairs
- Repairs with improved resistance to oils, sewage, chemicals, etc.
CHARACTERISTICS / ADVANTAGES
- Fast and easy to apply in layers up to 20 mm thick
- 1-part system requiring only addition of clean water
- Compatible with the thermal expansion properties of concrete
- Chloride free
- Non-corrosive to reinforcing steel
- Non-toxic, suitable for potable water
- Contains fibres to prevent micro cracking
- Excellent freeze / thaw resistance
- Good resistance to water immersion
- Work “wet on wet” the mixed mortar well into the substrate, using a placing rather than a rendering technique to fill all pores and voids. Compact well. Force material
against the edge of the repair, working towards the centre.
- For repairs in excess of 20 mm deep, apply in layers and form keys for the subsequent layers. If previous layers are over 48 hours old, needle gun the surface and dampen before applying the next layer. Steel trowel the final coat if required.
- The Sika MonoTop® R and surrounding areas can be further treated with SikaTop® Seal-107 or Sika MonoTop®-620 MY to provide a water and carbonation resistant
- The repair mortar shall be placed onto the pre-wetted substrate between the minimum and maximum layer thicknesses without the formation of voids and loose
rebound material. Where layers are to be built up to prevent sagging or slumping, each layer should be allowed to stiffen before applying subsequent layers “wet on
wet”. When layers cannot be applied “wet on wet”, or if more than 24 hours between layers apply, apply a bonding primer of Sika® MonoTop-610 MY or SikaTop®
Armatec-110 EpoCem® and apply repair mortar “wet on wet”
- Finishing for both hand and spray applications should be done to the required surface texture as soon as the mortar has started to stiffen.
Cleaning of Tools
- Clean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use.
- Hardened and/or cured material can only be mechanically removed.
To achieve the full potential of any cement based products, curing is essential. This can be carried out with the application of a curing compound such as Antisol® E or
with other curing practices such as covering with polythene sheets or damp hessian for 3 days.
Notes on Application / Limitations
- Repairs with Sika® MonoTop® System cannot bridge live cracks or moving joints, etc.
- Repairs in excess of 20 mm must be layered.
- Sika MonoTop® mortars that are wetted during the initial cure period may produce a white “bloom” on the surface which does not affect the long term properties of the