Sika - Sikalastic 110 - Highly Elastic 1 Part Polyurethane Bituminous Waterproofing Coating
Sikalastic®-110 is a water based 1-part modified polyurethane/bituminous coating, formulated to form a highly elastic, seamless and crack bridging membrane.
Due to its high elasticity, Sikalastic®-110 can be applied on different structures including those subject to thermal movement and vibration such as:
- Concealed RC flat roof
- Hydraulic structures like swimming pools, water features
- External walls to be buried below ground
- Waterproofing coating under tiles areas like podium, bathrooms and balconies
The concrete must be dry, structurally sound, laitance free, clean and free from dirt, oil, grease or other contaminants and loose or friable particles. The substrate must be sound and of sufficient strength. If in doubt, apply a test area first.
Weak concrete must be removed and surface defects such as blowholes and voids mustbefullyexposed. Alldust,looseandfriablematerialmustbecompletely removed from all surface before application of the product, preferably by brush and/or vacuum. The substrate should be well dampened but free of surface water and leaks.
Notes on Application/ Limitations
- Do not add extra water or other ingredients (except primer layer)
- Sikalastic®-110 may cure slower when the relative humidity is high, i.e. in closed or inadequately ventilated rooms and basements
- Do not allow temporary ponding to remain between coats on any horizontal surfaces or until the final coating has totally cured. Brush or mop surface water away during this time.
- Freshly applied Sikalastic®-110 should be protected from rain for at least 8 hours (25°C)
- Do not allow permanent exposed under UV